Friday, December 14, 2012

Grandma Julie-Green Machine

As Thomas was up at the hospital with his mom, Grandma Julie lovingly came over and put together Hayden's new Green Machine together. As I sat watching her complete this selfless act of service, I was in awe. Julie has given up so much time, energy, resources, and running for our family. She has sat at numerous hospitals, been to literally hundreds of doctors appointments with me, made more grilled cheese sandwiches, been on countless QT runs, picked Hayden up from school many times per week, grocery shopped and has done whatever is needed to help our family out.

I am so grateful for the amazing people that the Lord has surrounded our family with to help us during this trial in our lives. We have literally been surrounded by some of the greatest of our Heavenly Father's earthly angels. These people have given up more time, resources, help and love than could ever be expressed, in helping us out.

As I sat on the couch watching her cheerfully put each piece together, tightening screws and placing parts in place, I just sat in awe. I felt the love of my Father in Heaven wrap around me and tell me He loved me. I felt His presence. I felt His love. I felt His deep love and concern for me and my family.

Yes, I struggles sometimes going through this trial, but I could not ask for better earthly angels to be by my side taking care of me and Thomas and Hayden.

Through those he has encircled me with, I feel His great love, as I see and feel the love of those around me.

I am so blessed. Thank you Julie, for not only spending the entire afternoon putting Hayden's green machine together, but for also helping me to feel how much my Father in Heaven loves me and my family.

No comments: