Saturday, December 8, 2012

Santa Breakfast-Hayden's Toy Drive

Even though Hayden switched schools, Liberty Arts Academy still held their annual Santa's Breakfast to help raise toys for Hayden's Toy Drive. We were so touched, so appreciative and in awe at their continued support and generosity. However, these are still some of mine and Hayden's dearest friends.

As the school was sending flyers home for the event and announcing it on KNIX, all the information featured that Hayden would make a guest appearance. Can I tell you that Hayden was over the top excited that he was the featured guest? He felt like a rock star. He loved every single minute of it.

He played with his friends, talked to his former teachers and principal and of course, had to get in a few requests to the big guy, even if his dad had to encourage the visit.
As Thomas brought home these pictures to me, I was in awe. Hayden is bigger than Santa. He looks so grown up, so mature. When did he grow up so fast?
These were Hayden's buddies at his school along with the principal. I can't believe I have known these boys since before they were three years old. I love seeing Hayden all smiles and Thomas said he felt right at home back safely within the walls of Liberty Arts Academy.
My big shout of thanks to the principal, the PTO president and my friend, Michelle, for pulling off such another amazing Santa's breakfast and raising many, many more toys for Phoenix Children's hospital. We are so so grateful!

No comments: