Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Birthday Surprise

On 12-12-12, Hayden's birthday, I received a phone call asking what Hayden's favorite meal and favorite kind of cake was, from one of my friends. Her little girl, Ali, was turning four years old on the same day. She said their family tradition is that the kids get to pick whatever meal they want and mom will make them a special birthday cake, just how they want it. She said that she had signed up to bring us dinner in, knowing it was Hayden's birthday, so she could make it special.

I told her no way, she was crazy to make two completely different birthday dinners and birthday cakes for Hayden and Ali. She said it was no big deal because Ali picked a happy meal from McDonalds. So on a night when my friend was free from cooking, she spent her afternoon making Hayden spaghetti just the ay he wants it with noodles and sauce separate and all the salad fixings separated so he could just choose what he wanted. Then made a beautifully decorated and delicious yummy chocolate cake.

When the entire family (Moon's) showed up at the door, they also came bearing more gifts of Skylanders. She even picked one out that he didn't have yet.

I was so touched. I was so sick that day and was just going to have Thomas pick up something on his way home. I told Amber to rest assured, Thomas could pick up pizza and a cake from the store and we'd be okay. She insisted on bringing it over and boy was I grateful.
My friend nor I could have realized how our day was going to play out. As Thomas was getting off work on Wednesday, he received a phone call informing him that his mom was just admitted to the hospital through ER. At that moment he had to choose whether or not to be with me and Hayden, on his birthday, or go give his mom a priesthood blessing at the hospital. As I relayed to Thomas the events of Amber and her family dropping off the food, Thomas got chocked up. He knew at that moment that although we didn't know the events of the day and how they would unfold, but my Father in Heaven did. He provided a way for Hayden and I to be taken care of so that he could go about tending to his mother's needs.

My heart swelled with love for the Moon's for listening to the promptings of the Holy Ghost to make a special meal for Hayden. For the Lord being so concerned with my son on his birthday and wanting to make it special and also for relieving the pressure off of me all day, feeling guilty that I was too sick to get up and make my son a birthday cake and beautiful dinner.

"If our Savior is looking out for the little things in our lives like a yummy dinner, or a birthday cake then we can rest assured that He will also take care of the big obstacles in our lives."

No comments: