Friday, April 25, 2014

Another abcess....pain

Who knew that abcesses and infections could cause as many problems as they do. 

I ended up back in the hospital last week with a horrible infection which was causing me problems in breathing, walking and causing lethargy. By Sunday night, Thomas and I were nervous enough to get a priesthood blessing. Afterwards, we both fell very inspired to go ahead and head to the hospital. 

It has been so long since anyone could convince me to go to ther ER. Too much has happened to explain everything of this rare disease to a new doctor. So usually I endure until I get ahold of my doctor. 

However, when the Savior tells me to go, I listen and obey. 

Once there, we did the normal explaining of my complications, diseases and diagnosis'.

The doctor was so nice. He started me on preventative measures... IV fluids, medications and blood work. All things I would need the following day for surgery. After spending the night in ER, we were released to the surgeons office. 

Poor Thomas, without any sleep, he headed in to work for a couple of hours in between the ER and my surgeon appointment. 

The surgeon looked at my abcess and X-rays and said I would require emergency surgery the next morning. We discussed options. I was so worried. 

However, when we got to the car and said a prayer, the nervousness and anxiety was replaced with a gentle peace and calm. 

Home we went to make the necessary arrangements for 6:30am surgery. 

The next day, they quickly put me under, removed teeth, my gum tissue, the infections and part of my jaw bone. New bone was grafted in, as well as tissue and gums. So fun. 

I was reassured that all infection was removed and no fear of further complications in that area was to be expected. This surgeon understood my autonomic disorder, my autoimmune disorder, different diagnosis' and how they were complicating this issue. I was so grateful for a doctor who understood before I explained the ins and out of the disease to him. Such a rarity. Such a gift. 

Now we wait. We pray it takes. We pray for good results and no relapses. We hope for the best. Follow the instructions with exact obedience. And hopefully, we will have this behind us. 

No comments: