Thursday, April 3, 2014

Date night

I should have taken a picture...what was I thinking? 

Thomas and I actually went out on a date. The first one in at least over a year or two. And it was wonderful! 

A couple of weeks ago, Hayden was with Grandma Julie. I had slept all day and I woke up at about 6pm feeling better than normal. And I was craving Korean food. We decided to go and if I was too worn out from the drive when we got there, that we would order take out and come home. 

Luckily, there were very few people in the restaurant. We ordered. Yummy kimchi chegae (kimchi soup with tofu) for me with steamed white rice, a side of kim(seaweed) and kimchi. Thomas went with his favorite bulgogi marinated beef, lettuce wraps, steamed white rice and garlic. And of course a diet coke. 

While they cooked our dinner, Thomas and I sat and talked. We laughed. We reminisced. We spoke of good times. We laughed more. I looked over at this amazing husband of mine and smiled. I hit the jackpot with him. He loves me and cares for me and takes care of me like no one else could. And although I am so much work, he absolutely cherishes me. 

Feelings of love, gratitude, appreciation swept through my mind. I remembered all of our trips. Our quiet moments talking. Our dates. Cooking together. Family home evenings. Our prayers. The many many moments of laughter. The tears. The insurmountable joy. 

As I sat there smiling, Thomas asked what I was thinking about. I said us. This journey the two of us have walked has been incredible. We have had quite the adventures. We have been to the open wilderness via seaplane in the Alaskan frontier. We have experienced breathtaking scenes while in Costa Rica, Tahiti, Bahamas, Hawaii and more. We have been spiritually uplifted while standing where the prophet Joseph Smith died. We cherished Mickey's world on so many magical vacations. We loved thru the frozen tundra of Italy while our warm clothes were somewhere lost in the United States. We have had picnics and family gatherings. There have been movies and outings and dinners and dates. Family parties. Ward parties. Group outings. Family game nights and so much more. 

Thomas and I. We are the lucky ones. We have lived and loved life. We have been on a constant adventure. 

As I sat smiling at this man that has walked every step of the way with me, been my rock they each heartbreaking moment, held my hand to help endure the pain, celebrated each victory and have laughed with more than anyone. He truly is my eternal companion and love of my life. 

I am so grateful that my Father in Heaven saved him for me. He has brought more comfort, peace and joy to my world than I could have ever imagined. 

I love you, Thomas! Now and forever, throughout the eternities and beyond. My greatest desire...to have him next to me always. He truly has been my greatest blessing. 

No comments: