Friday, April 25, 2014

General conference weekend

Oh how I love general conference weekend. I love...
Being as a family all weekend
Family visitors
Friends and family gathering to listen to our prophet 
Yummy cinnamon rolls
Cuddling on the couch
Staying in pajamas for two entire days
Being spiritually fed and uplifted
Receiving answers to my questions
Finding the exact direction that my Savior and Father in Heaven are asking me to walk
Feeling like I am on track, refocused and re dedicated
The greater love that I feel for my Savior, his atonement and love for me 
I feel so blessed...

Saturday was extra special this year as my sweet sister, Jodi, my precious nephew Talmage and Suzi watched with us. 
When Talmage woke up Saturday morning, he came running to the couch and leaped on my lap and snuggled up with me and Hayden. Oh how I missed him and those incredible hugs and cuddles. He proceeded to just stay, wrapped in my arms. He ignored everyone else, as I think he missed me, just as I missed him. He loved that uncle Thomas had brought donuts and made yummy cheese eggs. 

The messages were uplifting and inspiring. At one point, I looked around the room and beamed with joy. To my left, my amazing sister that I love and adore. To the right, Suzi. My love multiplied and divided again when I smiled at my husband sitting next to me. The strength, the joy, undescribable. But boy how. I love him. On my lap, my dear nephew, a sparkle in my life. And my dear son, that is the reason that I continue to breathe and fight to live. 

I am the most blessed person on earth. The joy that feels my world, indescribable. 

Top that with uplifting messages, personal revelation and direct answers to my prayers, and it was the perfect weekend. 

No comments: