Friday, April 25, 2014

Easter weekend fun

I loved Easter weekend.

Simonton family party on Saturday evening. 

Sunday visit from Jodi and gang. 

Easter church.... My favorite. 

Then Suzi, Lisa and Julie made dinner. Yum. 

Egg hunt with the boys. 

Then family time with Thomas and. Hayden. I love my family. 

I love celebrating the atonement of our Savior. It is the greatest gift.
Jodi's sweet family came to visit us on Easter, right before church. Seriously, one of the greatest blessings and tender mercies I could ever receive is spending time with my adorable niece and loving nephews, and seeing my amazing sister. Seriously, some of my greatest treasures and blessings.
Grandma Julie gave Hayden a really cool book about the days in the New Testament for us to study during homeschooling. Of course, my boy that absolutely loves books, was in Heaven. I know she loves to tease him and was joking with him about memorizing and being tested on the book.

Hayden loved that we didn't forget the pups on Easter. They each got a bag of treats to share. Oh how they loved them.
After giving Hayden his "Jesus basket" earlier in the day. We did come out with a surprise. I just couldn't not do an Easter basket. Especially since Hayden has been amazing. He had endured so much in the past couple of months. He had helped out and really started stepping up to the plate in becoming an active contributor to the family. He has taken on so much more responsibility. So, Thomas and I decided to get him a few fun things, along with a much needed new summer wardrobe. If I was buying clothes anyways, I might as well pass it off as a gift instead of just clothes.
Hayden was soooo amazed as we brought out additional goodies. Lucky for me, I had been watching for sales and had traded people a few items for things I knew he would love.
He received a new Infinity set... probably his highlight. An ipad zombie game. Yes, maybe there was a reason it was on sale for only $2.99. oops. He loved his new clothes. He kept laughing all day. He said that we fooled him good. He really thought that all he was getting was his much needed Deacon and priesthood items. He was so surprised.

I love pulling off a sheer surprise for my boy. He is such a great kid. He is turned into my rock and strength. He is so solid. He knows who he is. He loves his Savior. He really has become a strength in our family. Him having the priesthood power has really changed him. There is a more of a reverence about him when discussing spiritual things. He wants so badly to please our Savior and Father in Heaven. He tries his hardest. He gives his all so often. I am so proud of who he is and the great young man he is becoming.
My dear husband. My blessing. My strength. My rock. My life. My love. He completes me and makes me a better person. He helps me to keep going. He sees the best in me. He recognizes my efforts and my intentions, not necessarily outcomes. He loves me for me....completely. He tolerates my faults and laughs with me at my weaknesses and shortcomings. He helps me to overcome myself and to laugh in the midst of all things. He is a treasure. A truest form of all that is good in this life. I certainly love him with all of my heart.

No comments: