Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Jodi's car

After going to a long and painful doctors appointment, Julie stopped at QT to get me a diet coke. Imagine my delight and sheer surprise when I looked over and saw Jodi's car. I was so excited!!! Her van, I checked the license plate, yep... Handicap parking plate. 

With absolutely no energy, I pulled myself out of the car, dragged myself in the store, anxiously awaiting hugs from my cute little niece and nephews. I searched. No cute kids. I walked back outside. No Jodi, no Brooklyn, no Brigham and no little Talmage. 

I was so confused. 

Then, much to my dismay, out walked a cute little old grandpa. He clicked the button on his keys.  He climbed in the car. Then he backed out and drove away. 

I stood there. Frozen. Sick. Stuck in awe and disbelief. 

I was positive it was my sister. I was so beyond excited to see her and the kiddos. Instead, disappointment and heartache filled my heart. 

I would have thought I was hallucinating but what are the odds... Same van. Same color. Same handyman plate. Our same favorite store. 

Oh how I miss my sister!!!

No comments: