Thursday, April 3, 2014

Gunter and scouts

Hayden and Gunter are like peanut butter and jelly or Oreos and milk. They have been the best of buddies for years and years. 

Hayden wanted Gunter to go to scouts so badly. Imagine Hayden's surprise when his parents agreed to let Gunter permanently be apart of scouts and young men's. 

He has been going with Hayden ever since the temple celebration. And they are both loving it. 

The other night at dinner, Gunter looked at me and said, "now that I am going to your church for scouts and young men's, does that mean that you are going to try to convert me?"  I chuckled and said no, as he immediately went on to his next thought. "Cause I'm not ready to join your church yet. Hayden and I have been talking about it. Hayden has explained that we believe the same basic things. We both believe in the Bible, in our Savior, in God, we know we cannot do bad things and we have to keep all of the commandments."  He then added, "he also told me that you guys just have a little more of the truth than I do because you also have the Book of Mormon that teaches you other things you should be doing."

I went to add more of the Book of Mormon and clarify to him what Hayden went. He cut me off and said, "no. I'm good with that. Hayden has the luxury of understanding and believing more. He has two parents that love him and teach him and help him. For me, I am doing my best just to follow he commandments and teachings that I know about. I'm not ready for more truth."

I have thought so much about those words and the rest of our conversation. Gunter is a great kid with amazing parents, whom I love. His mom is one of my dear friends. And I love that boy. 

Hayden is lucky. He has been given so much. Sometimes I look at where he lacks. Where I lack in meeting his needs. But this boy.....he is loved without end and cherished beyond compare. 

I cannot express how excited I am for Gunter to be there each week. It has eased Hayden so much. He is excited and loves it. 

Gunter attending scouts. Absolutely priceless. 

Plus, I love the excitement that these two boys exude when they are together and loving something. Makes a momma's heart happy. 

No comments: