Friday, April 25, 2014

Homeschool

Homeschooling Hayden has been a joy. 

Hayden loves to learn. He wants to grow and improve. I am in awe at how he stays focused on schoolwork and learning at home. School was overwhelming. A struggle. A heartache each day. He struggled with the inconsistency that came. He struggled with the differences. He did not enjoy the immense stress that was created at school. The differences between home and school. The wide space between beliefs being taught at home vs school. 

So homeschooling....the only answer. 

I love each and every moment that I get to spend with him. I enjoy the way he thinks. The way he tackles obstacles. The way he sees the world so differently. He see the world in an entire array of colors and shapes and sizes that the rest of us don't even notice. He relishes in the small things. He finds joy in things that most never even notice. Beauty radiates in his eyes and life. He finds joy in a rock, a stick, his imagination, a word, a story and each day is an adventure just waiting to happen. 

I may be teaching him but he has taught me so much more. I love when I get to see the world thru his eyes. When I get to catch a glimpse of how he experiences things. I love the wonder. I love the joy. I love the light in his eyes and heart. 


No comments: