Thursday, April 3, 2014

Books and loaves and fishes

As I have begun to get ready for homeschooling, the cost of the books and supplies was weighing on me. I knew how much money textbooks and educational apps, supplies and teaching helps costs. I was concerned. I prayed that I would find good sales. 

Although I have seen the Savior continue to answer my prayers in many many ways, I still am in awe when it happens so clearly. 

I have been selling items for almost a year now to try and get money for our family. In all that time, I rarely see books for sell and have never seen a set of homeschooling books. So the day after my answer, when I opened Facebook to check my listings, and a homeschooling set of books was up for sale,I jumped on it. The lady immediately emailed me back and Thomas took me to her home to look at the books. She was retiring from teaching for 25 plus years. She taught 4th - 8th grades. Perfect. 

In our dear Savior's way, he always gives us more than we could ever need. He fills our needs, and wants and has so much extra that we could never need it all. 

That is true in love, in the fishes and bread, and all areas of our lives. 

I was given 6 tubs of books. My dear Savior not only met my needs, but gave me so much material that I have all I need if I were to homeschool for the next three years. 

I love my Savior. I love that he provides miracles and lessons today, just as he did when he walked the earth. He does the same things in similar ways. Sitting on the mount that day, thousands of years ago, people needed to be fed for their physical survival. He took what they had, multiplied it and the people ate. They didn't just get enough to just sustain them. No. That is not our Savior's way, the people ate and ate. There was plenty for all. Not only that, there were full baskets left over. Showing that they were all able to be completely filled both physically and spiritually. There was more than enough. 

Likewise, with homeschooling, The Lord asked me to homeschool and he provided for our needs. Not only did he give me what I would need but more than I could ever use. He truly blesses me. 

He calms my fears and lets me know that. I am enough because where I lack, he will make up the difference. And he will do a better job. So here we go. I know the Savior will give us what we need. He always has. He always will. That is his way. 

No comments: