Thursday, April 3, 2014

Jd and gang

Two weeks ago my brother, JD, his sweet wife Cassie and their precious three sons, Bryson, Coby and Tanner came to visit. 

They spent several hours at my house. Jd was concerned about my health. He especially did not like some of the medications and wa so worried about my teeth/gums/jaw. I loved how caring he was asking questions and trying to clear the confusion. 

Hayden absolutely loved playing with the cousins as they wrestled, shot Nerf guns, played swords and ran and laughed like crazy. It was so great to see them. 

I love talking to JD. He is so smart and so knowledgeable. We pulled out scriptures and discussed important gospel truths. We discussed one of our ancestors. John D. Lee. We talked of the early days of the church, the persecutions, the struggles, their trials and their undeniable faith. 

JD amazes with his scripture knowledge and facts. He can flip to scriptures all over the place. I could talk with him all day and night about different gospel topics. It is easy to see that he is a seminary teacher. 

I miss him dearly while he is away. I love him. His sweet wife. And of course, my amazing nephews. I so wish they were closer. As I'd I didn't miss them enough, I find out that Cassie is pregnant. I will love having a precious new niece or nephew and oh so wish I was close enough to cuddle and snuggle this new little one. 

Congrats JD and Cassie! We love you and cannot wait for this baby. 

No comments: