Friday, April 25, 2014

Jesus basket

Hayden is growing up. No more Easter bunny. No more baskets. So what to do?

A Jesus basket and all things related to Jesus and his atonement came to mind. A scripture case. Priesthood New Era edition. His own copy of Preach my Gospel and different scripture tools seemed like the perfect gift. 

Hayden was so funny. So grateful. But then he said, "I'm happy with what I got, but, isn't this just stuff I needed for deacons and scouts?" We laughed. Yes it was. 

Thomas and I laughed when we brought out a second basket. This one had the normal basket goodies. Summer outfits. New flip flops. A swimsuit. OK. He could have said that it was just clothes he needed for summer but when the two shirts were a dead-pool and a puma cat turned zombie, he was thrilled. Oh, and there were some math dice and a home-school calendar. 

I guess it was all stuff needed this year but what to do. He doesn't like candy. His toys are now so expensive. 

I have laughed that I think the stuff he got is so useful. We use it all the time. Welcome to the age of needed and useful gifts instead of toys. 

Maybe next year I will get more creative.

No comments: