Friday, April 25, 2014

General conference take 2

I love Sunday conference and cuddling on the couch with my loved boys. 

The joy in my heart leaped when I saw our beloved prophet. Oh how I love him. President Thomas S. Monson warms my heart as he speaks. I feel his love. I feel the divine knowledge that he is a living prophet of God. I know he hears and talks with our Savior. I know he receives revelation and guidance for us today. My heart swells with love and gratitude for him and his goodness. I hold onto every word, eagerly awaiting further knowledge and direction from my Savior. I know he will help me be a better mom, better wife, better daughter of God and a better me. I wait for me "to do" list that always comes. Some by words of the prophets, other by promptings and inspiration that I receive directly from the Holy Ghost and my Savior. 

I have learned that if I listen and pray for guidance, I will always know what I need to do, what I need to work on and feel that my prayers have been answered. 

This year was no exception. I felt my Savior and the Holy Ghost whisper my "to do " list. I heard direct answers to my prayers them the talks and prayers given. I felt my Savior reassuraring me and loving me. 

I felt a great love for my husband and son. I felt so blessed that they are mine. I felt The Lord blessing me they them and their collective goodness. 

I felt overwhelming love for my family. I have been so blessed. 

These wonderful sons of God were given to me to help me home. My husband, my rock and my strength. He helps me to be better. He makes me want to try harder. He encourages me. He strengthens me. He helps to reassure me that I can do what my Savior asks. He builds me up. He loves me for who I am...shortcomings and strengths, weaknesses and talents. He loves me completely. 

My son.  My boy. My joy. My strive to try harder. My way to gain patience. My happiness. My heart. My unconditional love. He melts my heart and gives me wings to soar. My heart is no longer mine, it is his. 

My pups. I love them. Max, my loyal protector. Maya, my joy and love. Both very different. Both very loved. Both hand picked for our family. 

And so many loved ones, family and friends. They each strengthen me and bless me dearly. I am so blessed. 

I love that I walk away from conference, more focused, more on target, more determined, more strengthened, more reassured and more at peace. I remember that I am a daughter of a living God. My God knows my name, my heartaches, my pains and my joy. He eases my heartaches, he strengthens my determination, he multiplies my joy and blesses me in more ways than can be expressed. He gives me what I need and grants the desires of my heart. 

I am so grateful for the inspired ways that my Savior and Heavenly Father strengthen me and uplift me. The fact that they know me and love me brings an indescribable peace and joy to my soul. I am truly blessed. 

No comments: