Sunday, August 17, 2008

Breakfast by Hayden

Thomas had to leave for work this morning at 6 am. I had been pretty sick yesterday and Hayden was so worried that Thomas was going to be gone today. He kept telling Thomas that he was big enough to take care of me. So, this morning, Hayden wakes up, asks me if I'm okay. I reassure him that I am feeling a lot better. Next thing I know, I hear all kinds of noise in the kitchen. He has pulled out the stool and is getting bowls out of the cabinents. Then, he gets the cereal, pours the milk and brings me a bowl of Apple Jacks for breakfast. And, then makes his own. He was so proud of himself and I won't let me do anything. He has brought me waters, is making me lunch and has brought me a blanket and a pillow. He keeps asking if there is anything I need.

What a good boy. He is so sweet and so sensitive. He cares so much about people and wants to make everyone feel better. I am so lucky to have him as my son.

2 comments:

Darce said...

What an awesome kid! Some girl is going to be pretty lucky! He must have a great mom!

Bob and Danya said...

What a sweetheart! Hayden, you can come over anytime and make us breakfast too! :) He reminds me so much of Thomas! He's going to be a great husband one day!