Thursday, August 7, 2008

My first grader

I cannot believe that Hayden is in first grade today. He looked so big walking into the school today. I remember him walking down this hallway three years ago going to his first day of pre-school, that day there were many tears shed, both by me and Hayden. Today was so calm. He was a little nervous to get out of the car, but excited to see all of his friends. He looked so grown up in his transformers backpack and his Scooby-Doo lunch box.

I guess he is really growing up. Although he did not like that I was taking pictures of him and his new teacher, he did love me taking them of him and his friends. He calmly got into line, hung up his backpack and took his seat at his desk. There were no tears, he didn't hide behind me or even really acknowledge that I was leaving. He was happy to be back in school.

I sure hope his day goes well. He has a great teacher, Ms. Miller. And, Hayden is excited about spending "Miller money" in her store on Fridays. I'm thankful he loves school, has so many friends and enjoys learning. I'm counting the minutes until I can pick him up and talk to him about his first day of school.


2 comments:

Jodi Davis said...

I hope his first day was wonderful! He is getting to be so big--1st grade--wow!

Bob and Danya said...

Man! These boys are growing up so fast! What are we going to do with them?????? Have a great first grade year Hayden!