Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Therapy

Hayden started occupational and physical therapy this past Friday. I wasn't sure what to expect. I remember taking Jodi to physical therapy as a kid and she hated it. I was trying to build it up to Hayden that this was going to be fun. A new adventure of sorts, every week.

Much to my excitement, he loved it! He is with two of the greatest therapists and they were so tuned in to him. I can't believe how well the got him to respond to what they wanted him to do.

Of course, they did incredibly fun things. He didn't like writing in shaving cream. He didn't like the texture or smell of it. He did love playing in a bucket of rice, snapping beads together and playing with colored pegs. He absolutely loved physical therapy. They have an indoor gym with all kinds of different attachments, like a swingset. They room looked like a child's dream play place. There was a mini-tramp in the corner, a swimming pool filled with the little balls, a balance beam, scooters, tricycles, swingset of sorts, and all kinds of games. Hayden's favorite was feet bowling. They put him on a zip ride and he had to use his feet to knock down the bowling pins. Such a hit! He was having so much fun he didn't want to leave.

I was so relieved!!! I was hoping it would be a good experience so we didn't have a fight every week. He wants to go back! Hopefully this will help him out. He was exhausted after therapy. I guess our Friday evenings are going to be low key to give him some relaxation after such a hard work out for two hours. So, I took him to therapy and I was a wonderful mom for taking him there. Life does turn out great some days!

1 comment:

Bob and Danya said...

Ummmmmm......my kids would totally think that's playtime! That's the greatest therapy I've ever heard of! I want to do it too! :)