Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Surprise!?!

Yesterday at work, my dad called me in and asked me what this party is that everyone was planning for my birthday. I told him I had no idea. Thomas was working late and me, Ann, Hayden, Taylor and Ariyona would probably just go to dinner and watch a movie. But, my dad persisted. He wanted details on this party. He wouldn't let it go.

Needless to say, Rosie, Jodi and Suzi are not very happy with my dad. They had been planning a surprise party for me for the past two months. I know the party has been ruined, but I am so grateful for such wonderful friends. I felt so loved and so cared about as the details started unfolding yesterday as to what great lengths they went to so that I could have a wonderful birthday. I had no clue what was going on.

Thank you, Rosie, Suzi and Jodi! You guys are amazing and I am so grateful for your friendship, love and influence in my life. Life really is about the relationships, and I am so fortunate to have so many people around me that love me and would do so many wonderful things for me. That is the greatest birthday gift around. And, yes, we will still have a lot of fun, now I can look forward to being with people that care about me so much.

1 comment:

Jamie Jo said...

I'd want to kill your dad if I was your friends!!! Sad!! What did you do for your party?