Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Frog Scare


I come home from work yesterday and Hayden runs in to visit his new pet frog. What do I find, the frog is NOT in the bucket with the lid on it. The frog has escaped while we were gone. This frog was huge, bigger than the last one Hayden and Thomas caught. Hayden and I begin searching the house for this monster frog looking under the couches, around corners, all the while me being terrified this frog is going to jump on me. Hayden finally found the frog behind the piano. My dilemna now, how to get it outside. Hayden is begging the entire time to let me keep his new found friend. There is no way! I do not like critters in my house. Thomas had assured me the frog couldn't get out... needless to say, it was not staying.

I was with a broom at one end of the piano and Hayden was at the other with a bucket trying to catch it. It evaded us for a while hopping ever so quickly around the house, until it came back to the piano. This time, Hayden was able to catch it. All the while I am terrified this monster critter is going to jump out of Hayden's hands onto me. I'm okay with Hayden and Thomas playing with these critters, but only as long as they don't touch or involve me.

Hayden realizes it will be a long time before another frog comes to live at our house. Sorry, glad there is rain and he can play with them outside.

2 comments:

Darce said...

I'm sure glad you have the boy and I have the girls!!

Jamie Jo said...

Yikes! Joshy used to catch the tiny little frogs and lose them in my house. I'd find their dehydrated bodies months later when rearranging. Gross!