Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend getaway

One night last week, I told Thomas I needed to get a way and just take a break. I told him that I may need some time away, just me and him. He informed me that in over 6 years, I have never told him I wanted to go away, just me and him. He has always drug me to do things without Hayden. So, within a half hour of me mentioning it might be nice for us to get away sometime, he had a hotel booked and a babysitter for Hayden for the weekend. He told me he wasn't going to wait around for me to change my mind. He's so funny!

So, we enjoyed a wonderful weekend getaway to the WigWam Resort in Phoenix. It was lots of fun and a beautiful resort. We even got a head start on Christmas shopping. It was so relaxing! I wonder why it has taken me so long to just take a weekend for us.

Thank you, Thomas for a wonderful weekend away from real life. And, Suzi, thanks so much for watching Hayden, the dogs and the fish and entertaining them while we were gone. Hayden had so much fun, he didn't even care we weren't home.

1 comment:

Darce said...

Good for you guys!