Monday, August 3, 2015

4th of July- San Diego

We had planned on celebrating the 4th of July from the beach. But, it was a hot day. Hot, sunny days and I do not mix. So instead, we opted to lay by the pool, or Thomas and Hayden swam in it and played, while I napped. Suzi went and got us yummy pizzas and we improvised. I am so lucky that my guys are so good with changes of plans and they do not hold my inability to go places against me. They had a great time regardless. And I loved catching up and relaxing, while reading a great book.


That evening, right before fireworks, Suzi and Hayden scouted out a place that was just across from our hotel, and less than a 2 minute walk. And even benches to sit on along the way, at the harbor. They went and saved seats while Thomas and I slowly made our way there. We sat on the block wall overlooking the harbor. From where we sat, we could see 5 different boats shooting off fireworks. They were synchronized with three sets, making it absolutely stunning. We had fun. And, no fighting traffic back, less than 2 minutes and we were back in our hotel room, laying on the bed and relaxing. I fell asleep while Thomas and Hayden stayed up and watched a movie. It was a WONDERFUL 4th of July even though it was very different than we hoped for. Definitely one for the record books.


No comments: