Monday, August 3, 2015

Week 1 on the beach

Week one on the beach is calming and relaxing. It is downtime and rejuvenating. It is much mellower than once all the family arrives. They both have positives and I love being all together. But, I also just love getting out of the heat and reading and spending quality time with Hayden.
It is fun for me to see how much he grows up from year to year. He is definitely a teenager. And is so grown up. This is such a big year for him with so many changes. I love my boy.
Hayden loves hanging with his cousins. Week one at the beach, he gets his girls all to himself and Uncle Jake. He loves talking, playing games, boogie boarding, body surfing, and teasing, Kaylee, Katelyn and Kiley. And of course, he loves every minute with Uncle Jake, his hero.
He also loves loves loves being with his Aunt Suzi. She spoils him rotten and he loves bugging her and having adventures with her.
Of course, I think the one he loves teasing the most is me, his mom. He is such a great kid. He gives me random hugs, tells me he loves me, gets me anything I need, makes sure I don't over do it and of course, teases me relentlessly. I sure adore him.

He loves body surfing more than boogie boarding but he absolutely just loves being in the water.

I love hanging out with these two and catching up. Love Suzi and Rosie and having fun with them. I like sitting and talking to Jake too and just reconnecting.
One of my favorite parts about both weeks is getting one on one time with my nieces and nephews. I love reconnecting with them and talking with them. They are each so special to me. (Katelyn above and Kaylee below- Kiley is with Hayden)

Love my brother and his sweet wife. I love how good they are to me.




My life wouldn't be complete without my crazy boy! He is sunshine and laughter, hugs and fun and filled with light and joy! i am the LUCKIEST mom alive that he is mine.
He will even humor me with things like writing Oceanside 2015 and taking pictures. Especially if it is just us.

He will always love the sand and digging. All that changes is the size of the shovels. He is all boy. He is so much like his dad. I hope he never looses his zest for life and his infectious smile. I'm hooked.. It was a wonderful week.

No comments: