Friday, August 21, 2015

Our weekends

With my body being unable to do much besides move from my bed to the couch and game room, our weekend consist a lot of hanging out together. 

Before I got sick, we would go exploring and on adventures. We were always gone. Visiting others and lign to movies and out to dinner and exploring Arizona. Visiting parks and going to plays and musicals. We were always on the go. 

Now, most weekends we never leave except to venture out to church, and then usually, it is just the boys and I listen to conference talks at home or I make it only to sacrament meeting. 

Because of that, we do family things at home. I lay in the recliner while my guys play video games. I love watching them talk and strategize together. The puppies all curl up on my lap. I sleep. I read. I play iPad games. I cuddle with the pups. 

Or, we lay on my bed and play with the puppies. Maya is crazy and thinks she is a goat. She climbs all over us. She is crazy. Max loves to be let. Maya loves to play. And when Olivia is here, she is simply a playful and crazy pup, who we lovingly call the little black bat. 

We used to travel. Now we cuddle on the bed and watch movies and talk. We read scriptures and discuss history. We read books. We have pillow fights. The boys wrestle. And we have a great time. We have just as much love and joy and fun as we did being gone. It's just more simple now. We still make incredible memories. We talk. We laugh. We pray. We love. And I couldn't love my family any more. They are my world. 



No comments: