Friday, August 14, 2015

Eye infection

Oh man has my eye been killing me. 

My left eye started swelling up last week. I thought it was just my dry eyes and sores due to autonomic and autoimmune conditions. But by Monday, I was running a fever, had a huge sty in the inside of my eye and I could barely see. Oh did it hurt. Migraine city. 

Thomas took me to urgent care Monday night. I sat in urgent care doubled in a ball due to the pain of the eye and migraine and the extreme nausea. 

The urgent care doctor told me it was a serious staph or MRsA infection in my eye. They told me of ot got any worse at all to head straight to ER. Or if it didn't clear up. And that they would do surgery. Great. Not fun.  

So, I hunkered down and went to my,other doctor appointments trying not to let the migraine collapse me. 

By Hursday morning it was awful. Thomas took me to ER. 

ER was frustrated because the urgent care put me on erythromycin. Something I am allergic to but they said it would t effect my eye. 

Well come to find out, I was having an allergic reaction plus it was making my infection worse. Great. They switched meds. And said I need clear the allergic reaction prior to surgery. So I am on new meds and praying I don't need eye surgery. 

In the mean time, battling migraines and only sporadic vision in my left eye isn't a whole lot of fun. But I'm grateful for doctors that care and try hard. Such is my crazy life. 

No comments: