Tuesday, August 11, 2015

This is how I do it

One of the questions I am asked the most is "how do you do it? How do you not get bitter but continue to find and see the good even in your situation?"

The answer is my dear husband. My sweet son. And my loving Savior. Cherished family and friends. 

Thomas is my rock. He gets up each morning early, about 5 am. He doesn't have to leave for work until 7:45. However, he lovingly wakes up early to do what needs to be done. He showers and gets ready. 

He runs to circle k to get me a fountain diet coke drink. He comes and gently wakes me up. He hands me my morning medications and my diet coke. He sits with me on the bed as I gasp for air and struggle to endure the pain until the medications kick in. He either rubs my back, my feet or gets me what I need until the excrutiating pain subsides. He then helps me up and to the restroom. And helps me back to bed. Gets me settled, rearranges blankets and pillows, and again either applies medications to my aching joints and muscles. Once I am settled, he gently kisses my forehead and goes to the kitchen. But before he goes, he lets the puppies outside to go to the bathroom. 

My loving husband then makes me a piece of toast and a fried egg and brings it to me in bed. He then makes himself breakfast. 

After breakfast, or while cooking, he cleans the kitchen, makes a grocery list, puts in laundry, and replaces light bulbs and unloads the dishwasher. 

He then awakes Hayden. We gather to read scriptures and say prayers. Thomas instructs Hayden on things that need to be done such as emptying the dishwasher or vacuuming or switching laundry. 

Thomas always allows for time to help me with anything I need. 

He goes to work and works hard all day. He is the best and hardest worker at work. Always helping others. His spends his lunchtime running errands and taking care of our family, after eating his quick sack lunch. 

On the way home from work, he calls to see if we need anything. He stops and picks me up another drink. He comes in. Gives hugs and kisses all around. He immediately comes in and starts making dinner. After dinner he helps clean up the kitchen. He then grocery shops, works on building his Q96 business, cleans the house, finishes laundry, changes lightbulb, cleans the yard, repairs things and does whatever is needed. 

Before bed, he makes sure we gather for family prayer. He talks with. Hayden. Always taking time to teach him. Many nights, after Hayden and I are in bed, he will head to the grocery store. He shuts down the house and finally comes to bed. 

He awakes at my slightest movement of pain and meets my needs. And starts again the next day. 

The answer is. I couldn't do it without him. I need my dear husband. He encourages me. He reassures me. He tells me how lucky he is to be my husband. He comforts me and lets me know that he would rather serve me than walk this journey one day without me. He does all these things whole telling me he loves me and adores me. He cherishes me. I am surrounded in love. He never makes me feel like I am a burden or inconvenience. He cherishes me. He loves me. 

This husband of mine. He is the most Christlike person I know. How lucky am I to be married to such an incredible guy. 

And even a greater bonus .... He is raising Hayden to be just like him. I couldn't ask for more. I am blessed far more than I deserve. 


No comments: