Friday, August 21, 2015

Brazilian barbecue

Josh, Jake and I all have birthdays within a couple of weeks of one another. My dad usually takes us out to eat for our birthdays. This year he decided to take the three of us and our spouses together. He took us to a Brazilian BBQ restaurant. 

I was so worried I wouldn't be able to make it. I have been struggling and hurting do badly. Jack was sweet and showed up to pick me up. Too bad Suzi had already dropped me off at his house. I rode with my brothers to the restaurant. Thomas and my dad met us there. I had to take meds in order to even go. Restaurants are so hard because of my legs getting clots or severe pain or pressure. 

However this restaurant was fancy shmancy. People walked around cutting off all kinds of meat on your plate. My favorite was the parmeasesn crusted pork. Delicious. And the best tasting filet mignon. Almon with all the sides. Then they brought out 3 huge desserts for me and Josh and Jake. Tree leche cake was delicious and my first time having it. 

I enjoyed being with my dad and brothers, their wives and Thomas. By the time with left, I could hardly walk out. I crashed and slept the entire time in the car on the way home. 

It os so rare that Thomas and I go out to dinner. I think the last time was at the beach and prior to that was with Jodi and Troy months and months ago. It was a treat to go out. So much fun. 

I'm grateful for these special moments in my life. I feel wrapped in love. That is the greatest feeling ever. 

No comments: