Friday, August 21, 2015

My birthday

My two boys treated me like a queen, as they do every day of my life. 

As they walked in the room to bring me breakfast in bed, I smiled as the song, "These are the special times" went thru my head. "The special times are the times I share with you. These tender moments when Heaven is so close. These are the special times. The precious times. The tender times. The ones we hold in our hearts forever. The special times are the times are the times I share with you." 

My guys are simply amazing. They love me and cherish me. They respect me and honor and revere me. The treat me with the upmost kindness and love. They spoil me rotten. I love them and how much they give their all to make me feel like their queen. 

Of course, on my birthday, they did not disappoint. Somehow. Someway. They always seem to outdo themselves. 

They showered me with love and a new sweat outfit. Oh how they know me. They bought me an adult coloring book and new colored pencils so I could practice art with Hayden. I loved it. 

Then Hayden found out that there are birthday freebies. So we went and collected some. Free 4 muffins at Mimi's Cafe, free ice cream, free meals. Our plan was to go to lunch but our adventure was cut short as I started into multiple seizures. Hayden took it all in stride as Thomas took us home and gave me a priesthood blessing. I spent the entire rest of the day sleeping. 

I missed so many family and friends that stopped by with cards and cookies and flowers and. Gifts. Unfortunately, I slept thru it all. But was so grateful for all those that remembered me and lifted my spirits. 

Thomas and Hayden had planned to take me to Cracker Barrel for dinner and to jesterz comedy club for my,birthday night. Thomas awoke me moments before we would have to leave and asked if I wanted to attempt it. I was nervous and felt awful but thought I needed to try for Hayden's sake. 

I'm so glad I took pain pills and attempted to go. We ate chicken and dumplins for dinner and headed next door to the comedy club, where Thomas is friends with the owner. It is a family friendly pg show. Hayden laughed his heart out. He asked if we could go every Saturday. I think it's funny how much he loved it. I had fun sitting and listening to Hayden laugh. 

I was sandwiched and the cream filling between the two people who love me the most in this world. Thomas had his arm around me and holding my right hand. Hayden nestled in and was holding my,left hand. I felt so loved. I don't remember the comedians or stand up comedies done that night. But I will never forget my feeling. Of love. And how much these two protect and love and cherish me. My heart swelled with gratitude for these two and the joy they bring to my,life. 

My heart then swelled with love for the life I've been given. I felt so loved. 

I struggled out to the car and collapsed. I don't rememeber anything until the next day. I slept 22 out of 24 hours. But it was so worth it. I'm so so blessed to be Thomas' wife and. Hayden's mom. I'm so grateful for another year to spend with them. That is my greatest gift and I am forever grateful. 

Here's to 45. My wish....Make it to 46. 

No comments: