Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Surgery1 September

I had a barium swallow test last week. Abnormal. Sticking over the aortic arch. Delayed swallowing. Severe weakness in the entire swallowing mechanism. And a paralyzed muscke in my smile. Also, the food and water is first going to my windpipe and then my esophagus which is causing me to aspirate. So. Surgery is needed. 

Dr Wadas will preform an upper and lower endoscopy while dilating the esophagus, repairing the prefer action between lungs and esophagus. He will also address the issue of the tracheamalicia. He will also do a colonoscopy at the same time. While in there he will try to repair the hole that has been constantly bleeding for over 4 years. Oh the joys. 

I pray they will be able to fix the trachea without stenting it. If stenting is necessary, I will be on a ng feeding tube. I will not be able to eat or drink. As it heals, I will be able to eventually get to where I will be able to eat things with the consistency of a milkshake. Nothing thicker than that ever for the rest of my life. And that will only be accomplished with lots of therapy. 

So, the anticipation or being able to breathe. But, also, praying they can fix the other issues without too many complications. 

Tomorrow, I go in for more breathing tests and to see how the trachea is sticking. 

I have a fabulous team of doctors and I am very grateful for all the ways they are trying to help me. 

No comments: