Monday, August 3, 2015

Simonton's arrive- reunion time

The gang has arrived. We are all here and accounted for. The party of cousins everywhere has begun. I look forward to time with my siblings. Grandkids anxiously await time with Grandpa and Grandma and all Simonton's are full of excitement. Hugs are freely given. Lots of catching up is done. Cars are unloaded, suitcases unpacked, treats and food stuff the cabinents and we bring out the games.

We are noisy! Very very noisy! We laugh and talk and cry because we laugh so hard. We find out the latest undertakings of nieces and nephews. We are in awe of how big everyone looks. We talk of how much easier the beach gets every year as our kids grow up. Then we laugh at JD and Cassie for starting over with a baby. But with her being the only Simonton baby, 5 years younger than the next, we all soak in Ashlyn and cuddle on her.

We talk of achievements, accomplishments and things we have overcome. We reminisce and of course talk about what Mom would think if she were here. We each silently have our own rituals and our own families have their traditions. But cousins, and siblings, and in laws and grandparents and parents and it all just makes it so much fun.

I love the beach. My home is Oceanside. A piece of my heart always resides there and anxiously awaits our return. Hayden feels the same way. Our hearts are complete and whole on the beach, listening to ocean waves break and roll in. Life is good. Life is in harmony..  All is as it should be, at the beach.

Hayden and Chase and Brooklyn ready to body surf.
Finding sand crabs and digging holes are always a favorite.
I love snuggling with the new little babies. This is Kade, Ashley and Tracy's new one.
Treyson, Chase and Hayden hanging on the beach.
Josh's boys brought a ball to flip on and bounce on, the kids loved doing flips off of it and got really good over the week. absolutely a hit.
I love the serenity and peacefulness of the beach at night. The sun goes down leaving an empty beach and a calm in my heart.
The Bair's brought a huge pop up and a bbq to the beach. Definitely a hit. I want one. Shade and fun.
Thomas loves the beach and I love him so much. He melts my heart. He is my joy.
Playing volleyball on the beach. Thomas loves it. The girls always knows he is up for it.

Hot dogs and hamburgers on the beach....um yes.. Hayden will take one of each.
Lining up for the bbq.  Thanks, Vaughn!
Hanging with my sister and my husband in lots and lots of shade. Life is wonderful.
Crazy Suzi prefers the sun. She even studies on the beach.
My sweet newest niece, Ashlyn. She adores aunt Jer.
I love teaching her new tricks like "how big is Ashlyn?"
More flips off the ball. 
All smiles as usual! This boy loves the beach.
Me and Jake. love my brother, Jake and JD and JOsh, not pictured.
Beaching it!
More grilling and more eating on the beach.
My family. My joy. My favorite part of the beach is time with these two.

Oceanside 2015! You were good to us, as expected. Can't wait to see you next year for more memories and mor fun in 2016!

No comments: