Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Conference at Jodi's

We spent conference weekend at Jodi's house. Saturday night they had all the young men in the ward over for steaks and baked potatoes and delicious roasted veggies. They are really good to their Ward family. I am impressed by the work they do. Hayden enjoys Patrick and some of the guys in their word, along with his darling cousins. 

Sunday morning we got up and watched the first session while Jodi made Kneaders French toast, strawberries, whipped cream, caramel sauce, back and fresh fruit. Yum! Spiritual and physically well fed. 

We listened to the uplifting messages. There was a point where the speaker asked, "do you really believe?"  With all the faith Talmage could muster, he said, "yes. I believe. I really really believe!" And them he asked me. I bore testimony to Talmage of the living Savior and my belief in him and how much I love our Savior. My heart melted. 

The kids played rummikub, played outside and had fun in between sessions. The second session brought answers I needed to hear. 
My sister made chicken and dumplings for dinner. They were delicious! I consider them liquid love. I'm grateful for what she does for me. 
I certainly love this sweet nephew of mine. I love that he loves me. He makes me feel like I'm ok. That I matter. That I'm good enough. That my illness isn't the worst thing that has ever happened. That me, just the way I am, is good enough. I miss him so much. 

That mixed with the messages I heard, eased my heart. I felt alive again. I felt loved and needed by someone other than Hayden and Thomas. Although that is absolutely enough. Thomas and Hayden are my world. But it was nice to feel so much love again. Feel like my world was bigger than it had been in a long time. It was a good day. 

No comments: