Thursday, April 21, 2016

Easter events

This Easter was a little low key. It was just Josh's & Jake's families with Grandpa and our family. No littles for an egg hunt. We ate yummy food at Josh's, sat and visited with the adults and the kids hung out. They just are not little anymore. Although they did dye Easter eggs. It was a crazy night filled with Laughter.

Hayden was happy to come home and play video games with his dad...one of his favorite activities that doesn't happen nearly enough.

Most of all, I love what Easter stands for...a renewal. A hope for a new season and a better season. A fresh start. Symbolic of the fresh start our Savior provides.  I am so grateful for my Savior, his atonement and resurrection. Because of him, I can start again, repent, live again and be forgiven of my sins. Because of him and his sacrifice, I will see my mom again and Hayden and Thomas will be reassured they will see me again, after I am gone. One day, we will all live with our Savior. We will all be resurrected. All the wrongs will be made right and all pain will be gone. Because of my Savior, I have hope. Hope in a brighter tomorrow. Hope for a better life in the next world. Hope for my sins to be forgiven. Hope for the wrongs I do to be made right. Hope for the promise of tomorrow. Hope for the promise that the next life will be worth all the pain and suffering we endure here. Hope for the promise that we shall all live again. Hope for all that is good in the world and in the life to come. Hope that when I stand next to my Savior, that he will say the words I long to hear, Well done thy good and faithful servant. Easter reminds me of Hope. And I am so grateful for hope.
Above: Hayden, Braden, Katelyb, Brinley and Kiley
Hayden on Easter morning. New outing and headphones.
Hayden and Chad - acting out in Logo Party- their favorite game.


Easter Sunday was church followed by lunch at Lisa's, since Chad was in town. We played Logo Party girls vs. boys. It was a fun couple of hours. Hayden loves playing Logo Party and it is so fun with Lisa's boys.

 That evening Chad came over to hang out. All was right in the world. Lots of laughter. Lots of noise.

No comments: