Monday, April 18, 2016

Darkness

I feel I have been walking in the dark so long that I do not remember what it is like to walk in the light.

I have faith. I have faith in my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I have faith that someday that all of the uncertainties and heartbreak in this life will be made right.

I have faith that someday I will have an illuminated path laid out before me. That after I have proven myself in the darkness, that my Savior will flood me with his light. The light that illuminates all the world.

But for now, for reasons and purposes far beyond mine own understanding, I must walk in complete darkness. I must walk without knowing where I am until my foot touches the ground. I must walk in a world that I do not understand. That takes all I have to navigate and not fall down. I am not sure why but I do trust that there must be some reason.....

So I continue to walk. I continue to try. I continue to move forward. Into the dark. Into the unknown. Into a world that is dark and lonely.

I pray that my Savior is just on the other side of the darkness. Because it is all dark and very lonely right now.



No comments: