Monday, April 4, 2016

Fort Lauderdale

What a perfect ending to a perfect vacation. Fort Lauderdale was simply amazing. After hanging out in Central Park on the ship with JD and Jodi's families, we departed the ship. Having three wheelchairs and a stroller, gets you through the line quickly. And we were off as fast as we boarded, with a week full of memories filed safely in our long term memory.

While on board, our family grew closer.  We grew closer as individual families and as siblings and aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews and grandparents. I will always cherish some of those moments, one on one with different loved ones. I cherish the time with my sister and siblings and will always be grateful Thomas and Hayden and I could experience it together.
In Fort Lauderdale, Jake found an amazing hotel. It is the most beautiful I have ever stayed in. Jodi's family and ours shared a room or suite. It had a huge master bedroom with two queen beds, massive shower and bathtub and closets and the main room had a kitchen and pull out bed. Best part was the amazing balcony overlooking the ocean. Simply beautiful with an amazing breeze.

Before we could get into the hotel, we were able to go relax on the beach. We rented a huge umbrella, lounge chair and I curled up and took a nap, while listening to the beautiful sound of waves crashing as they rolled in. I love the sound of the waves. It resets my heart. It makes me feel alive and free. It is heaven on earth. I slept sound and peaceably, soaking in each moment of sure relaxation heaven.

Jake awoke me to go to get some amazing Italian food that was featured on some food network. It was delicious. We had the most amazing straw sandwiches and Hayden had huge slices of pizza. Thomas went back for dinner and picked up take out and their lasagna was just as yummy. Boy, I am craving it now. Delicious. As good as Italy's.

The boys couldn't get enough of the beach.  Sand, waves, games, fun, and sheer heaven. We are definitely a beach family and feel our best when hearing the ocean waves. I really want beach front property in heaven. It makes my heart sing.


Hayden loved every minute of the sand and surf. He was born to live at the beach like his momma. Sheer joy abounded with the three of us. Oh how I could live there.
We had an umbrella and lounge set up just like Steph and Austin with Brinley. It was divine.
Of course the cousins were soaking in every last minute of their time together. And below is Hayden's absolutely delicious. Plus fun to go with Jake and Jodi's families. So incredibly wonderful!

The hardest part about Fort Lauderdale is saying goodbye to my baby brother, JD and his family. I love him. I enjoyed spending the week with JD, Cassie, Bryson, Coby, Tanner and Ashlyn. We hate that they live so far away. Minnesota is a long way from Arizona. It feels even farther away when we do not get to visit them as often as we like. And when they come to Arizona, it is crazy for them, as all their family lives here.

I cried saying goodbye. I love us all being together. I am grateful for the memories we made, the moments shared, the love we do have for one another, and grateful that we will see them again in July. I know it is hard on them being the only ones away from the rest of our group. I hope JD and his family know that at every family event, we wish they were with us. We miss them more than they realize and there is a definite piece missing when they are not with us.

We love you, JD! We are so grateful for our time with you. I hope you know how very much you are loved!
And just like that.... our vacation came to a close. The memories were amazing. The trip a once in a lifetime. The best part.... memories and hope and love and joy to hold on to when the world gets rocky and rough and the storms of life try to take us down. We have wonderful memories to hold tight to. We have knowledge that we love one another and would do anything for one another. And even more that those ties will go with us beyond the grave. Wherever we may find ourselves in this life, whatever differing roads we may travel, and what ever circumstances will come, the love is there, and we do cheer one another on. And someday, after this life is through, we will be able to visit each other more often and never again have to say the hard goodbyes.

No comments: