Monday, April 4, 2016

Headed Home

I'm going home... home... to my safe place, my comfort, my place of joy and home of love. No matter how much I love a vacation, I love the feel of going home. There is something about the safety of home...the comforts of home...my own bed....my own place...my place of joy...my peaceful retreat.

I loved every minute with all my extended family. I loved the moments that I will cling to and hold in my heart and cherish. I will always treasure this special time of bonding and unity and love.

But, my body was worn out. I was exhausted and tired and ready for calm and quiet and just laying in bed for days. No where to go... no where to be....back to my routine and my life.

I felt melancholy. Sad it was over. So very grateful it happened. 
Jodi's crazy kiddos. Those faces. I will miss them dearly each and every day. I will miss the hugs....I will miss the smiles... I will miss hearing their voices and seeing smiles stretched across their faces.
Then I again am reminded of all I have, all I have been given and all that I am blessed to call mine.

On the second leg of the flight, I was exhausted. I had given my all and then a million times more. Even with my limited vacation, I had nothing left. I was so tired. I told Thomas at take off the I wasn't sure how I could keep going. He reassured me that I would have heavenly help. As the plane ride continued, I started to feel off. But what could I do?? We were flying. I leaned my head on Thomas' shoulder. I buried my head into him tightly. I could feel the seizure begin. I fought it like crazy, pleading for relief and it to stop. The anxiety kicked in and within a few short moments, I was in a full on seizure. Thomas said I was jerking everywhere and he was trying to hold me tight to minimize others seeing, especially my precious nieces and nephews. Thomas gave me a silent blessing as the seizure escalated. luckily, I  think only Jake and Rosie saw the jerking and seizing. The seizure dissipated, as do most. I was exhausted and cried and cried after. Of course, that one had to hit the frontal lobe and the emotion center. I am so grateful for my husband and his protection of me. He quietly did what needed to be done. He took care of me. I am truly grateful for him and that the seizure wasn't any worse than it was.
As we arrived in the Phoenix airport, I couldn't leave without hugging each of these amazing siblings one more time. I wished JD was there for one more hug. One more moment that we were all again together. These people mean so much to me. I am so proud of who they are, who they have become and how they live their lives. I will look forward to the next time I get to be in their presence.  And I will hold tight in my heart all the magical and precious moments we made. I love you all. Josh, Jake, JD and Jodi...thank you for being apart of my life. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for all you do to make my life better. I couldn't ask for better siblings. I am grateful for each of you. In this moment, I bet my mom was looking down and wrapping her arms around us all. Reassuring us that we are still her precious children. Still loved, still important and still cherished by her. I looked over my shoulder and almost could hug my mom goodbye. She cherished these moments ever bit as much as I did. I took one last look back and then looked forward. Thomas and Hayden were there. Thomas held his hand out. He knew what I was feeling without words. And I knew that what I really wanted was to head home with him.

Peace out Simonton Caribbean vacation. The trip will go down in the books as one of my most precious weeks ever. I will hold onto the memories forever.

No comments: