Sunday, April 17, 2016

You're not alone

I awoke early this morning, in tears, praying for hope or comfort or help. Something from someone or somewhere that would give me hope and help me to hold on tight.

I sat down at the computer. I turned on Pandora. The first song began immediately playing and it was as if my Savior was singing this incredible song to me. If I had any tears left, they would have flowed freely during this song.

My Savior is good. He is kind. He is patient. He is forgiving. He is hope. He is love. He is comfort. He is peace. He is my comforter and my friend.

As the words were sung, my Savior took his love and wrapped me in it. He reassured me that I am not alone. He told me that although I have lost so much, that I have not lost him. I am so grateful for him. I am grateful for the one who loves me even when I am unlovable. I am grateful for the one who stands by my side when I stand alone.

Most of all, early this morning, when I felt so all alone. So lost. My Savior reminded me that I am not alone. I will never be completely alone because I am His. I am his beloved daughter. A daughter that simply has worth because I am a daughter of a King. And not any king, but a daughter of the King of Kings. And if he tells me I have worth, I must, even if I cannot see it right now.

You're Not Alone
by Meredith Andrews

I search for love, when the night came,
And it closed in, I was alone,
But you found me, where I was hiding,
And now I'll never ever be the same,
It was the sweetest voice,
That called my name saying

You're not alone, For I am here,
Let me wipe away your every fear,
My love I've never left your side,
I have seen you through the darkest night,
And I'm the one who's loved you all your life,
All of your life

You cry yourself to sleep, cause the hurt is real,
And the pain cuts deep, all hope seems lost,
With heartache your closest friend,
And everyone else long gone,
You've had to face the music on your own,
But there is a sweeter song that calls you home saying

You're not alone, For I am here,
Let me wipe away your every tear,
My love I've never left your side,
I have seen you through the darkest night,
And I'm the one who's loved you all your life,
All your life

Faithful and true, Forever,
Oh my love will carry you

You're not alone, For I, I am here,
Let me wipe away your every fear
Oh yeah, My love I've never left your side,
I have seen you through the darkest night,
Your darkest night,
And I'm the one who's loved you all your life,
All of your life

No comments: