Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Nov 17-Seeing a difference

As I spoke at the East Valley Autism meeting the night before, I left not really self assured if I had said anything that mattered. Yet, knew I had tried to find the right words.

As I pulled up to Hayden's school, one of the front office ladies had me come talk to her. She had been there with her daughter-in-law. She told me what a difference I had made in this young mother. That she had felt like a bad mom and realized that she loved her son but he just had some challenges. My dear friend, proceeded to tell me how much that this changed her life, her families lives and especially her grandson that was now going to get the help he needed.

As I spoke with her, I felt the calm, sweet reassurance from the Spirit telling me that I needed to do this, I could do this and it would change lives.

I am still very in awe from the experience and it makes me tear up a little. I am so thankful for this experience and the love of a Heavenly Father that would show me the tender mercy of how I could make a difference. I was reminded of when on a mission, if I can bring the Spirit, the Lord can convert. I guess with this new experience of speaking, if I can bring the Spirit into my teaching of what I have learned, the Lord will touch the hearts he needs to and help them, like he did me, to find the answers to help their children.

I am grateful that not only has the Lord given me the answers to help Hayden, but he is now using what I have learned to help others. It is very humbling and my heart is full of gratefulness to Him, for allowing me to be used in helping other children find the help they need.

3 comments:

Erin said...

That is so cool that you are doing speaking assignments. I know you will do a spectacular job!

d.a.b.e said...

That is so awesome! Good for you. That must be so nice to be able to go out there and make a difference to those in need. I wish you the best with that and many more great heartfelt experiences to confirm your great work in helping others. :) How good of you to use what you know to help others.

d.a.b.e said...

That is awesome. So sweet of you help others like that. You are such a wonderful person. I hope you have many great experiences with people who need your help. You will do fabulous!