Sunday, November 28, 2010

Nov 23rd-My testimony

I am so grateful for my testimony of the Savior. As the time turns more to Thanksgiving and Christmas, my heart is so full. I feel my thoughts turning more and more towards my Savior and all he has done for me personally. Yes, I am grateful for the atonement, his life, his example and his gospel.

What I am most grateful for is the Savior's knowledge and love for me, Jerlyn. It is that sacred relationship that I am most grateful for. I know he lives. I know he knows me personally. He knows of all the pain, joy and wonderful things in my life. He knows that I don't have all the answers, that I am not perfect, that I get up and try every day to become more like him, yet when the day is done, I never reach all my goals. Yet, when I get in to bed at night, He is grateful that I tried. I know he is so much gentler with me, than I am on myself. He sees the good in me when I see my shortcomings. He sees what I did do right when sometimes I focus on what I am lacking or coming up short in. I am grateful for the peace he brings me as I go to sleep, resting assured that tomorrow is another day to get up and try again.

I am grateful for my Savior's gentleness, tenderness and love for me. I know that he loves me more than I can imagine or understand. I am so thankful for this knowledge and it makes me want to be better and try harder. So very grateful for my relationship and love of the Savior.

No comments: