Sunday, November 28, 2010

Nov 25th-Thanksgiving & the ads



I have so many things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving day. I could list for hours all the blessing the Lord has so graciously and wonderfully put into my life. Endless and countless are the blessings I have been given.

So today-I am thankful for the ads. Yes, my favorite Thanksgiving tradition is that Thomas runs and gets 2 papers, 2 Pepsi's, and 2 donuts. I know my sister is headed over to start strategizing for Black Friday. With black sharpie in one hand and my Pepsi in the other, Jodi and I embark on circling ads and figuring out our game plan for shopping. It is our time together and one I cherish dearly. We laugh that, "We don't know what we want or need until the ads tell us" yep-pathetic but we love it.

For several hours, we compare prices, figure out when to go, where to go and what to buy! In the end, it isn't about the shopping, the deals or the finds, it is about Jodi and I being together, the laughter, tears and moments shared! So grateful for this wonderful tradition and incredibly understanding husbands that understand our need for these silly, yet fun traditions!

No comments: