Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Nov 29th & Nov 30th

Nov. 29th-My Dad
November 29th is my dad's birthday. I am thankful for him. I am grateful for a wonderful childhood. One that I could be blessed to grow up in a home filled with love, harmony and where the Spirit was able to dwell. I am thankful for the good values that were instilled into me. I am thankful that I was taught about my Father in Heaven and my Savior. I have had so many opportunities in my life and am so grateful to a loving dad and mom that provided me with so much. One of the greatest lessons I learned from my dad was the day of my mom's funeral. I will never forget him calling all of us kids in his room and talking to us about the Plan of Salvation and how my mom's spirit would be in heaven, not the ground. I can't imagine losing Thomas and talking to Hayden about the Plan of Salvation calmly. He wanted us to understand the gospel significance of life after death. I am so grateful for his example and the ways he always looked to teach us to be better people.

Nov. 30th - Spoiled Rotten
I can't begin to be grateful enough for my dear sweet husband. He spoils me to death. It was so cold in Arizona this morning. My husband started my car, turned on the seat warmers and got it all warm so I wouldn't be cold. He always makes sure there is gas in my car. He makes me breakfast every morning. He is such a good dad, such a good husband and such a good example of Christlike service and love. I feel very grateful to be married to such a wonderful man!

No comments: