Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Nov 8-New Shoes

I love and hate taking Hayden for new shoes. It is definitely an adventure. It takes him trying and trying to find the "perfect" shoe. I get it, it is his only form of expression at school with school uniforms. They get their backpacks, lunchboxes and shoes...so way important to him.

What I absolutely LOVE about shoe shopping with Hayden, is once the perfect shoe is found and has been placed on his feet, then the true test of compatibility is used....he has to run in them. Yep, wherever we are, he has to take off running to see if they make him run faster and then he has to jump to see if he can jump high in them.

As I watched my boy running in Dillard's yesterday, I smiled to myself and laughed. I thanked Heavenly Father right then and there for blessing me with this sweet son. Even with all of his quirks, I think he is the greatest. I am so thankful to be his mom. I feel so awed at the task. He has such a sweet spirit, so innocent, and so willing to learn and soak in the love of his Heavenly Father. He feels the spirit so strongly. I am so glad that buying a pair of shoes forced me to stop and really look at Hayden and thank my Heavenly Father for him. I am so very thankful that I was chosen to be his mom!

No comments: