Sunday, November 28, 2010

Nov 26th-Black Friday

One of my favorite days of the year is Black Friday. Jodi and I started our shopping adventure at 10:30pm Thursday night and headed for Walmart. Unfortunately, when we got there, Walmart had already let people open not only the midnight items but the 5am items, as well. Luckily, we got most of the things we were after. We were done with Walmart at 1am. We were too cold to stand in line at Target until 4 am. So, we drove around trying to decide what to do while we laughed and talked.

We found ourselves at San Tan Mall. Everyone was coming out of the Disney Store with bags and we stopped and asked if they were having good sales. We laughed that Hayden and Brooklyn have basically outgrown the Disney store. (Sad fact for me). We didn't have anything we needed there, but decided it was warm, so we would go in. I was thrilled when ornaments were marked down to $4. Me and my Disney Christmas house LOVE that. As we walked through the store the first time-I picked up a couple of things and checked out. On the way out, I found another section of ornaments so I went back to check out. I kept finding things I needed.... and Jodi checked out of the Disney store twice and I had checked out 5 times. The Disney people were laughing at us and that we kept finding good stuff.

We left and went to Children's Place next door. Bought some cute stuff. (Erin-got you some winners). Then, we went back to the Disney Store to buy some princess stuff for my dad for the granddaughters. The Disney people were busting up laughing at us. I have now checked out 5 times and spent a ton of money in there. We laughed with them, that we didn't have a list for Disney Store yet happened to need a lot when we came in. They had these cute Christmas Mickey and Minnie's for sale after 12:00. I asked the manager if she could hold them and I would be back.... of course my Disney Christmas house needed another Mickey and Minnie. They said that they enjoyed us so much in there, that they went ahead and sold me them. So, I checked out a total of 7 times in the Disney Store... yep, it was crazy fun. Jodi and I laughed and laughed as we had to make two trips out of the Disney Store.

I will always remember that moment. We had so much fun laughing....and when we went to Target, we still almost got everything we were after. After breakfast at Village Inn, Jodi and I called it quits. We had the best time! Thanks, Jodi for a ton of fun and unforgettable moments! I couldn't ask for a better sister! I love you, Jodi!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I like the sound of that! :) I love this tradition of yours. You and Jodi crack me up!!

Jodi Davis said...

I had SO MUCH FUN! I am pretty sure that I will always remember our trip to the Disney store as it definitely ranks in the top 10 for Black Friday shopping. We were totally friends with all of the workers by the time we left.

Connie said...

What a blast! I just loved all of your November posts...so touching and motivating...thanks!