Sunday, November 7, 2010

Nov. 3rd-My mom

23 years ago today, my sweet mother died. It was such a sad day. I couldn't imagine living my life without her. She was the person I turned to for guidance, assurance, understanding, teaching, comfort and love. How would I do it without her?

23 years later, I can say that I miss her still. I long for those mother/daughter moments with her. I can't wait until the next life when me and Jodi can just sit down with her and talk and laugh. I have longed for those moments so many times for the three of us.

What I am grateful for, is I know she isn't gone...She is very alive and has just moved on ahead of us. I am grateful for those tender moments when the Lord allows her to still be by my side...comforting me, guiding me, teaching me and loving me. When I have really earnestly needed her, she has been close.

Those moments allow me to understand the love of a mother and the love of a Heavenly Father. Both are close by, both are there, I just need to stop more and listen and feel both of them guiding me in my life.

My mom may not walk this earth with me, but she definitely hasn't left me alone. For this knowledge and love, I am very grateful!

2 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

That was very sweet and very true. I think the veil is thinner than we realize.

Connie said...

Beautiful, Jerlyn...beautiful!