Sunday, January 31, 2016

Chemo day 2 and 3

I was so sick that I couldn't do anything besides lay on my pillow. No,lights. No sounds. No smells. No food. Oh how it hit me hard. I could not believe how sick I got so soon. The nausea and exhaustion was overwhelming. My body absolutely rejected it. 

My eyes looked like raccoons according to Hayden. I'm grateful for those who stopped by and called and helped. I was overwhelmed with support and so very grateful. 

I'm grateful for those hat just stepped up and organized and helped get things arranged. Suzi called and got people here, went grocery shopping, made food and flavored water. Hung out with Hayden and probably more than I have any idea. 

Jodi called and got things going in the background. 

Hayden hung out with me and took care of me. 

Day 3: 
I'm feeling much better. Not so sick and I can eat a few items. I slept most the day. I'm grateful for less nausea. 

Emotionally, I'm surviving better than the last three days. It all happened so fast. I'm barely wrapping my own head around it. 

Today Jodi called and got Laura starting making head wraps for when I lose my hair. Terri started some crocheted beanies for me. 

Jodi will come out next Thursday to help ease the day. To help me eat and transition to this new normal. This is harder than I thought it would be. But, one day at a time. One emotional hour after the next. I will get thru. 

I've survived six long years. I've had ups and downs. This is just one more in a long line of fights. I'm trying to combat it. I will succeed. I will overcome this just as I have so much more. I have a lot of fight left in me. So somehow with all the love and support around me, I will conquer. I'm not giving up. 

No comments: