Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Lip biopsy

Thursday of last week brought a lip biopsy to confirm how far progressed the Sjogrens Syndrome Disease has progressed. I was nervous and oh how I hate anything to do with teeth. Thomas lovingly went with me, Julie stayed to bring me home. 

Thomas and I met with he oral surgeon. He said it would be only a few minute, 1 cm and 2 stitches. However, we should know....even when it comes to my disease, I am not the norm. Over an hour later, a dozen stitches and cut from one side of my lip to the other, the doctor was finally able to get what 
He needed. Oh the pain. There are so many nerves in the lip and mouth. 

Julie stayed with me and entertained Hayden while I tried for sleep. I was grateful for her beg there as I was so uneasy after the procedure and having loss conscious twice so close together. The pain continued to increase each day until Sunday morning I was in excrutiating pain. 

However, for the first time in over five years, I was asked to teach relief society. So hospital was out of the question for another five hours. As a side note...oh how I miss teaching and being around people. Oh how I miss the friendships of going to church and staying for all of it. Oh how I long to get back there. I loved teaching , even if it was only for 15 mins and sitting on a chair. 

After church, I crashed. I slept for six hours. It's still strange to me how something so small can take all I have. When I awoke, the pain was unbearable. I tried everything. Nothing worked. It throbbed so bad that I was so worried that it was infected. It definitely looked angry and inflamed and infected. 

Poor Julie. She was wonderful and came over to sleep on our couch so Hayden wouldn't be alone. He was nervous as he could tell how much I hurt. 

Bad call on ER. Some days they are great, others they just think I am drug seeking. Really. I asked if there was an infection. Yes. The pain was high but told the, that I couldn't keep,down meds because of possible infection. I was concerned that the oozing was infection. Hours later they had done nothing but give me meds. While there, I learned why the pain was so incredibly bad. My stitches had worked their way out while ripping thru the tissue and incisional sites. My body completely rejected them as it had. The other bone transplants. Ugh. They literally came out whole in my hand. And left gaping holes in their path. The extreme pounding and throbbing was my immune system trying to get them out on the only way it knew how. The ER didn't even look in my mouth. Frustrating. 

Since then, they have all worked their way out minus two and boy are those inflamed and angry looking. I'm so nervous to call the surgeon today. Hopefully my nausea will stay at bay during the appt. 

Monday night brought nausea, vomiting and two days of not keeping any medications or anything down. Oh how miserable it is to be sick on top of teeth/jaw/incisional pain. 

As I had an intense pain strike, I collapsed and was unable to stand. While excrutiating and debilitating and paralyzing pain hit throughout my rib cage/neck/arms/lungs, I cried out in pain. I was unable to move while I jerked all over and battled pain that is indescribable. Thomas quickly laid his hands on my head to give me a blessing. He couldn't keep his hands on my head from the jerking. Haydenhad tears. The dogs howled. I screamed. 

Gratefully and miraculously, the blessings of the priesthood powers and heaven were called upon and the pain eased. Still paralyzed and unable to move, my dear husband spent the night holding a trash can under my chin while I was so sick. I am so grateful for such a loving husband. He gets so little sleep because of me yet treats me like a queen every single day. He cherishes me and even in my most helpless and disgusting moments, he stands with me. 

I've laid flat in bed since the hospital. I need to call the surgeon today. Hopefully answers will come. But I am one step closer to answers. I pray this will bring more understanding and relief to our lives. 


No comments: