Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Murphy family reunited

During our entire marriage, I think this is only the third or fourth time all of Thomas' family has been together. It's so fun to see Thomas with his mom and sisters. Someday I will meet his father and thank him for raising such a great son, just as I thank Joyce for, so often.

Terri is Thomas' oldest sister and is on the left. She is married to Chris and they have three living children and two twin boys that died shortly after birth of similar heart conditions that Hayden had. Their children are Ann(25), Nathan(20) and CJ(18). CJ and Chris missed the reunion as Chris had to work and CJ is listed in the army. They live in Saint George, Utah. 

Kelli is on the right and is the next oldest. She had Kassandra and then adopted her grandchildren (Kassandra's children) Logan(15) and Victoria(13). Since then Kassandra married Trent and they have Lily(6). Kelli lives in Mesa very close to Joyce. 

Thomas is the oldest boy and I hear stories all the time of how grateful his dad was to have a son. Of course, that is where Hayden and I fit in to this group. I love the smile on my husband's face that shows how happy he is being reunited with his siblings. 

Scott came next. We have the same birthday other than he is one year older than me. I love watching Scott and Thomas talk. They are brothers and oh how they laugh telling stories on one another about jumping out of trucks and breaking arms and legs to coming home with the snakes that had bit them multiple times. Oh how Joyce survived those two, I am truly amazed. Scott has Ashley(25) and Megan(21) and Jazzy(8). Scott and Shelly divorced a couple of years back and he recently started dating Shawna. Shawna fit right in laughing and joking like she had always been apart of the family. Scott is the only one that remained in the small town Kingman, Arizona, where they grew up.

Then there is Joyce. Front and center. The strength and matriarch of the family. She is the glue that binds them all. She is an incredible mom, mother in law and grandma. She is an angel. I'm so grateful for the gift of her. And I think she looks simply amazing for being 80 years old. We sure love her and all she does for our family. 

Being the oldest in my family and being the youngest adult in Thomas' family is so different. Yet fun and adventurous as well. Hayden loves having older cousins. Life is good. I'm grateful for these additional family members that I love. 

No comments: