Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Kansas Witchita Mission-Spanish speaking

My sweet nephew, Dallin, left on a mission a couple of weeks ago. 

I have loved Dallin from the first moment I laid eyes on him. He made me an aunt. He smiled at me and brought so much joy to my life. I would come down from college in Utah to visit him and snuggle with him. I loved taking him for adventures to the zoo, Tucson for he weekend, to make brownies and I even endured watching Barney shows. 

Then we had Hayden. He spent the Christmas holidays in the hospital. On Christmas Eve, we left the hospital for a few minutes to go to my dads house on Christmas Eve to,drop off gifts. Dallin at 5 years old asked about Hayden. We explained he was really sick. That was such a hard day. He wasn't yet breathing on his own. 

As Dallin went home that night, he knelt down and in prayer told Jesus that he would give up all his toys if he would just make Hayden better. Then he asked that Santa find Hayden in the hospital. Steph called me to share the fantastic news. Christmas morning we received that miracle. Hayden started breathing on his own. And Santa and Mrs. Claus personally visited Hayden. I called Dallin and told him both the miracle he took part in and that Santa found him. He was so happy and so proud of himself. I developed an even greater love for Dallin that day. 

Throughout the years I have watched Dallin grow from young boy to teenager. At the beach last summer, Thomas and I spoke with him. He was unsure about his future. But the loving Dallin self. He let the little girls paint his toys and was kind to the younger kids. He was more wrapped up in others than himself. I was impressed with who he was becoming. 

The change in him at his farewell was incredible. He developed a sense of self. He knew that he was God's son. He knew the responsibility he had in sharing the gospel so that all may know how to return to live with our Savior again. He challenged his siblings and cousins to follow our Savior. To be disciples of Christ. He impressed and touched Hayden's heart. 

At the goodbye part for Dallin, my heart swelled with pride for the incredible man he has become. He took time with each younger cousin there. He talked wit Hayden. He encouraged him to follow he Savior. He challenged him to read the scripture, share the gospel and to write him with progress. He told Hayden he believed in him. Hayden's smile says it all. He was deeply touched by Dallin making sure he was ok and helping to strengthen his resolve to share the gospel. 

I can't wait to see how he changes lives on his mission. How he helps lift others and teach them about their Savior and their Savior's love for them. I'm excited to see how he changes and comes even closer to our Savior. Dallin will do great things in his life. He has a special mission. I'm very proud of him. It is amazing the confidence and strength that comes from knowing that you are. Child of God and his help is available personally and individually for you. Dallin found his personal relationship with his Savior and the confidence it has given him has been remarkable. 

As we write him and communicate with him, I am hoping that Hayden develops a love for teaching others about Christ. That he sees how missionary work brings peace and love and joy to the hearts of so many others. I hope it inspires him to continue on the path. Hayden idolizes Dallin. I'm grateful Dallin took time for him. It did make a difference. 

We wish you the best Dallin! We love you and support you. 

No comments: