Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Goals

As 2016 approached, I thought of what I want to accomplish and what family goals we needed to set. I read this talk from President Monson. I loved it. This is my ultimate goal. So we decided to embrace it and incorporate it into our family goals and our focus for 2016. 

When baptized as members of the Cjurch of Jesus Christ fo Latter-Day Saints, we Covenanter to mourn with those that mourn, comfort those that stand in need of comfort, to clothe the poor, to feed the hungry and care for the sick. 

As I thought of how to accomplish that, of course he strokes came to mind... Nightly scripture study, family and personal prayer, noticing the blessings and Savior's hand daily in our lives, showing gratitude, helping others and drawing closer to Christ. 

This talk and quote helped to simplify our goals. 
Kneel down to pray
Step up to serve
Reach out to rescue
Seek the good
Show gratitude and more 

As we do these things, I know we will find more peace in our trials, find more direction, have an easier time trusting our Savior and seeing his guidance and will in our lives. 

I love a fresh start. A time to start again. Get a fresh slate. 

2016 has great things in store. I can just feel it. Bring it on. We are ready to embrace our lives and learn and grow. 

No comments: