Sunday, January 31, 2016

Scripture study

Julie gave our family the greatest gift. A copy of the David J Ridges Book of Mormon made easier. I'm so very happy. I'm grateful for this gift. Each night as we sit and read the scriptures and work our way thru these books, we come closer to Christ. There is no greater gift. I love this time of day. It is my favorite. Thomas and Hayden and I stop and just talk of our Savior. We relate the scriptures to our lives. We have the greatest conversations. Some of my favorite nights are when we spend hours engrossed in he words of the prophets of old. It brings me such joy. 

I am reminded of what Nephi taught. We talk of Christ, we prophecy of Christ, we rejoice in Christ so that our children will know where to look to retain a remission of their sins. 

I hope Hayden remembers the tender moments we have spent in the scriptures. I pray he will know where to turn to receive guidance and help throughout his life. And I plead and pray that someday, he will love teaching his own family out of these great books. I Joel he will also find joy in teaching his family about our Savior and the message of the atonement and hope in Christ. I pray he will always follow our Savior and search for answers to life's questions, in these inspired words of Christ. 

No comments: