Sunday, October 7, 2012

Conference Weekend

I was spiritually fed and so inspired during our beautiful General Conference weekend. Nothing could have been more perfect.

With so many inspiring and beautiful talks given, I cannot wait until all of the talks come out in the Ensign in a couple of weeks. I cannot wait to sit down and really take in each and every talk again, and pull out the items that I feel that I need to work on right now in my life.

"I am a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it." Was a beautiful talk.  It will always stick with me. I am a Mormon or a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It is one of the truly greatest gifts in my life. It is apart of who I am, as much as that fact that I grew up a Simonton and married into the Murphy family. I love my Savior and love what being apart of this wonderful and amazing church has brought to my life.

As I pondered what these words meant to me, I couldn't help but think of the current situation that I am in. I could not walk this trial right now without the knowledge of where I came from, why I am here, and what lies ahead beyond death. It gives me the courage and strength to walk forward and keep holding on and enduring whatever is required of me during this trial. Because, in the end, I KNOW that if I do all I am asked, I will be able to embrace my Savior and he, with open arms, will again welcome me home.

As each speaker stood and spoke, the Holy Ghost continued to whisper the truthfulness of the messages to my heart. I was inspired in learning where I am doing good and in what areas I need improvement. I tried to listen as I received inspiration of how I could better myself, what important truths that I need to focus on with Hayden and where our family focus should be.

The sweet, sweet joy that these inspired and righteous men and women brought to my soul. They were the balm of Gilead to heal my heart and help me to keep walking upright and steadfast in this trial. Words are not available to express the gratitude in my heart for the comfort, peace, joy, love and serenity that was brought to my very soul.

 Not only was it a weekend of spiritual enlightenment and peace, it was also a great weekend with so many incredible people that we love.

Rilla, Julie, Joyce and Suzi spent the weekend with me, Thomas and Hayden. They all made yummy meals, wonderful desserts and great food. I loved that I was able to share these sweet messages with all these people that I love dearly. They definitely made it so much more fun.

No comments: