Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Perfect Day

Play days are few and far between lately. However, we chose that we were going to have a GREAT day on Thomas' day off. We called it the perfect family day and asked Hayden how he would want to spend it. (With my limitations and being home, of course)

I laid on the floor with Thomas and Hayden and played Life and Jungle Speed. I love Jungle Speed and it is a ton of fun. Life happens to be Hayden's favorite game, so I try to be a good mom and play it as often as I can stand it. We had so much fun laughing. I love that whenever we play life that Hayden gets very upset if I do not have a boy. He asks as if I am choosing to not "collect a son" on purpose. The entire game is "what if" we didn't have him. "What if" he wasn't born. Not just this time but EVERY time I do not land on "collect a son" and no amount of explaining it is just a game, not real life will ease his frustration of me not having him. (Do you see why I am not a fan of the game?)
Thomas and Hayden played the X-Box while I took a little snooze on the couch. They also ran and picked up Firehouse Subs for lunch and brought me back my favorite German Chocolate Cake ice cream from Baskin Robbins, which they only make in the month of October.
We chose a new family game for the I-Pad and all sat around trying to find the objects and master the mini-games. Both before and after watching the movie, "The Magic of Belle Isle" which was a great family movie.
To finish off the perfect day, Thomas made spaghetti and garlic bread, Hayden's all time favorite meal.

I loved the perfectness of the day. I loved that the three of us decided to take a "time out" from my illness, Thomas' job, Hayden's friends and really cherish Hayden's first official day of Fall Break. I sure love this family of mine.

No comments: